background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wild Turkey with babies and the Herb Garden




Fun with Bath Time!!

Brooke loves to cuddle with her daddy!

This is one of her many excited faces when she plays in her crib.

Most of you know that I am deathly afraid of birds. I am scared to walk in several downtown areas because of their high pigeon population. Thankfully there are not any pigeons in our Pittsburgh neighborhood. There is a wild turkey. I met this turkey last year when she crept up on me in our yard. Her surprise entrance definitely scared me. A few days ago, I looked out our window and saw this wild turkey. She is back and has four baby turkeys in tow. Hopefully they will move before her babies get big. Keith ran outside and snapped a couple pictures of them.
Keith has done a great job with our herb garden on the porch. We have been eating basil, mint, green onion and cherry tomatoes so far. His tomatillos, peppers, and regular tomatoes are getting close to ready as well. I have especially enjoyed having the mint. Keith makes a wonderful mojito with the mint from the herb garden.
Lastly, Brooke is really enjoying her bath time. We have been giving her a bath every other day. She loves the huge body washcloth from her cousin Claire. It is great at keeping her warm during the bath. She also loves playtime in the crib. She has started cooing and smiling at her mobile and stuffed animals. She has even rolled over a couple times from her tummy to her back. I will try to get it on video soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment