background

Monday, July 26, 2010

Brooke's Hip Check and Kim's 6 week Post Delivery Appointment


Brooke on our bed watching the fan

On Thursday Brooke and I went back to the hospital; for the first time since she was born. I had a routine checkup with my OBGYN to make sure everything was healing after delivery. All the ladies in the doctor's office were so excited to see Brooke. She slept in her car seat the whole time I was in the waiting room. Then she decided to scream all during my appointment with the doctor. Our doctor has 5 kids of her own, so she doesn't mind a little bit of crying. The good news is everything checked out okay and she said I am cleared to resume all activity. I wanted to take a picture of my scar to have for documentation, but the location is a little too low to be appropriate for Internet viewing.
On Friday we took Brooke for her 2 hip ultrasound. She saw the orthopedic doctor again and he said the problem is resolved. So she is cleared of any hip problems, hooray!!
I have started putting Brooke in the Moby wrap around the house. We even took both dogs on a walk when she was in the Moby warp. It works really well.
Here are a few things Brooke is doing at 6 weeks old:
Rolling from her back to her tummy
Lifting her head
Watching the ceiling fans and her car seat toys
Smiling at familiar faces
Cooing at her penguin
Sleeping 5-6 hours at the first night shift

No comments:

Post a Comment