background

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Infant Probiotics


A friend of mine started her baby on infant probiotics recently for his gassy tummy. She was blown away by the improvements that he felt from this treatment. So, when baby Brooke started experiencing painful gas a couple weeks ago I started to consider it. First I tried to figure out if she was fussy because of something I ate. The only food that has really seemed to set her off is peanut butter and onions. I went a few days eating very bland foods and she still had a gassy tummy. It is hard to watch her be in pain. Her face gets completely red when she is trying to push and she cries really loud. When my mom left on Tuesday I decided to buy a jar of the probiotics and give it a try. I gave Brooke her first dose on Wednesday morning in her bottle. Within 24 hours I can already see a difference. She is still passing gas and pooping like normal, but without any pain. She is even smiling while pooping now. SHe is sleeping better and fussing a lot less. If you are reading this and you have a gassy baby; give the probiotics a try. I am using Udo's choice infant probiotics. We bought it at Whole Foods.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is great that you found probiotics too! So did we! Our little boy has had severe food allergies and eczema caused by many food intolerances and nothing seemed to be able to help him. He was miserably itchy for the first 2 years of his life and when he became steroid dependent and on so many meds and creams we knew we needed to find something safe for him. We gave him Belly Boost children's chewable probiotics and we saw such an amazing difference within a few weeks. His skin has now been nearly clear of his eczema for over a year and he can eat so many more foods AND he loves them! Probiotics are awesome and they have changed our life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome tip, I'll have to keep it in mind!! Glad she's a happier baby now!

    ReplyDelete