background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Goodbye to Grammy until October

Grammy with Brooke at the hospital on the day she was born
Grammy with Brooke on her first Sunday to attend church

Grammy with Brooke after feeding her the first bottle

Grammy, Brooke and the dogs on the day Brooke was one month old


Tuesday was a really hard day for Brooke and I. We had to take my mom (Grammy) to the airport for her to fly back to Arizona. We were so blessed to have her stay with us for 6 weeks. I honestly do not know what I would have done without her help. In the beginning she was the most helpful with laundry, the dogs, and watching Brooke while I squeezed in an extra nap or two. By the end of the trip I really just enjoyed her company. It is so nice to have someone to talk with during the day; especially with Keith working so many hours at the hospital. The house definitely feels lonely now that she is gone. Even though Brooke can't talk yet, I know that she misses her Grammy too. She was very blessed to have so much love from her Grammy for the first 5 weeks of her life. We are already counting down the days until she comes back to visit during her fall break in October. We will have to settle for skype and talking on the phone for now. Here are a few pictures of Brooke and Grammy.

2 comments:

  1. She's such a proud grammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know she must be missing all of you too! I would imagine getting on the plane to go home was beyond difficult. Thank goodness for fall break!

    ReplyDelete