background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A new Holiday called Springsgiving











Keith enjoyed deep frying the turkey at Thanksgiving so much this year that he was looking for a reason to do it again. He came up with the idea of hosting an event at our house called Springsgiving. He invited all the podiatry residents and their families and asked them to bring a spring side.
He was so excited to go to the sporting goods store last week and pick out his very own deep fryer. We bought 2 turkeys and buffalo wings for the Springsgiving feast. We had a wonderful turnout on Saturday; 4 of the families were able to attend. They brought delicious spring salads, fruit, and desserts. I had the wonderful experience of learning how to butcher the buffalo wings. Who knew the wings needed to be separated into three parts before cooking. Anyway, Keith explained that all I had to do was fine the tendon, break the bones there and hack the wing into three pieces. At first it was kind of gross and difficult but by the end I was seeing my future as a top notch butcher. I think some of our guests were a little worried to see me hacking the wings with a giant knife. In the end the wings came out great. Keith injected one of the turkeys with butter creole and the other turkey with butter jalepeno. They were both delicious; but I liked the jalepeno the best.
We were sad that the weather was pretty chilly on Saturday. The kids put on their jackets and played a little football anyway. Next time we'll be breaking out the bocce set for sure!
The dogs; Mason and Jackson, were absent for most of this event. They were getting haircuts at the groomer. I picked them up late in the afternoon and was very entertained by their super short summer haircuts. Mason reminds me of a giant white rat; with the cutest face of course.
I am stealing pictures of SPringsgiving directly off my friend Jess' blog. She takes such great pictures so I didn't even get my camera out. Thanks Jess! She was also so sweet to take all my chocolate and sweets so I would not be tempted to eat them. I was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes; more about that later.
Thanks to everyone for a great Springsgiving! We'll have to do it again next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment