background

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

28th Birthday


I turned 28 last Friday. This was my first birthday since high school that I have not been in Texas. Keith did a really good job to make it special. He asked me to be ready to go at 4:30 and would not tell me where we were going. He picked me up and we went to see Date Night at a cute little theatre. I was very touched that he chose this movie because he REALLY wants to see hot tub time machine.
After the movie we went to a very cool modern japanese/thai place for dinner. This baby sits so high up and doesn't allow me to eat very much food at a time. So, keith and I split Calamari, Red Curry Corn soup, and this cod/pork noodle dish. It was delicious!
We were both super tired after dinner so we just came back to the house. My friend Rodney sent a birthday party in a box so we got out the candles and the swiss rolls. I pretended that the swiss rolls were a birthday cake and it worked pretty well. Thanks Rodney!
I was very touched by all the cards, texts, and birthday calls that I got from friends and family. Thank you everyone for remembering. You helped to make a birthday far from home a special day.


1 comment:

  1. you are so cute! love the pic! I am feeling inspired to continue your birthday balloon popping adventure at your shower... what do you thinK? Love you!

    ReplyDelete