background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday and Lactose intolerant

I wanted Keith to take a picture of Brooke and I with my birthday cookie. She was so distracted by the cookie that is was almost impossible to get her looking at the camera.



I didn't want to crop any of the pictures so you could see the trees and neighborhood in the background. It is so pretty here.






I had a wonderful 29th birthday yesterday. I spent the whole day with Keith and Brooke. Keith stopped by this awesome bakery on his way home from work in the morning and picked up the best cookies. I am not a cake person, so I'd much rather have cookies or a pie. For lunch we went to Sawa for Sushi and Hibachi. Brooke was fascinated with all the flying knives and fire. It was a delicious meal. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and getting ready for our trip to Dallas. We even got to play outside for about 30 minutes. The neighborhood girls from accross the street were outside, so we brought Brooke out to "play". SHe loves being around bigger kids and they are so sweet to her. Mason and Jackson were also enjoying the freedom to run wild outside. Brooke said doggies for the first time! Keith and I enjoyed some movie time after Brooke was asleep for the night. He could not believe that I had never seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. We watched that and Young Victoria with EMily Blunt. I guess is sounds like a very low key birthday, but that's what made it great for me. Thanks for a great day!!

So a couple weeks ago I went to the dr. for some stomach trouble that I was having. Long story short, I am now Lactose intolerant. For anyone who knows me, this is shocking. I LOVE milk and usually drink several glasses a day. The Dr. said it could have happened from the pregnancy or when I stopped drinking dairy while breastfeeing brooke. Anyway, I am now carrying lactaid pills with me to take in case I eat anything with dairy. If you happen to have a nemesis or not so favorite person just let me know. I can eat dairy without the medicine and then hang out near them. The gas that will follow is unbearable. They will pass out without warning, ha! I know being lactose intolerant is not a HUGE deal, but it is another reminder to me that God is in charge and I am not in control. I am thankful for all the blessings he has put in my life and will continue to face new challenges with a positive attitude.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great birthday! Is that a cute whippycake I see in your hair???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim you crack me up! I think I'll use your lactose issue next time a certain someone comes to visit...HA! Can't wait to see yall this weekend!

    ReplyDelete