background

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Week after Christmas










I am a couple weeks behind on my posting. This post is for the week after Christmas. Keith, Brooke and I flew back to Pittsburgh on Sunday the 26th. My mom flew in later that night. Then my brother Ryan and his wife Kelly drove in on Monday night. We had a great week of playing cards, eating, watching movies, and playing with Brooke. My mom could not get enough of Brooke. The last time she saw Brooke was in October. Brooke loves her Grammy. I think she recognizes her voice because we talk to her on speaker phone every day. She also enjoyed her time with Ryan and Kelly. They fed her sweet potatoes for the first time. They were a big hit!
Ryan and Kelly taught us to play Penuckle. It was kind of tricky to get all the rules but once we played a few rounds, it was tons of fun.
We opened our Christmas presents from each other on Monday night. Ryan came up with the idea that we should give a speech about the gift before we gave it to the person. It was funny to hear everyone's speeches.
My mom took all of us for breakfast at Pamela's. Ryan had never been there. I think my favorite thing to order is their California French Toast, so yummy!!
On Thursday night Keith and I went to dinner to celebrate our 4-year anniversary. It was really nice of my mom and Ryan to watch Brooke for us. We enjoyed a kid-free dinner.
Another big thing happened this week; Brooke got her first two teeth. Both of the front-bottom teeth came in at the same time. She looks so cute when she does a big smile. You can barely see them poking through the gums.
I used the Baby Cook for the first time this week. I made Zuchinni, Squash, Carrots and Sweet Potatoes. I am glad to have this cooker. After each batch was done I divided them up into little plastic containers that stack in the fridge. In just a few hours, I had three weeks of baby food made.
We had a quiet evening at home for New YEar's Eve. Keith popped a bottle of Champaigne and we rang in the new year at 10 PM. Keith was on-call for NEw Year's Day and I had to get up early to take my mom to the airport at 6:30 AM.
We had a great week with our family. It went by way too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute pictures Kim! I love your photo too at top of your blog. Brooke's big smile makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete