background

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Brooke's first trip to Texas

Brooke in the bow and Tutu that Karen had for all the girls

McSpadden girls

Brooke and I

Brooke and her Great Grandma (Nee Naw)

Brooke and my girlfriends at brunch (this is not our best picture)

Brooke and her great grandma (Nanny)

Brooke and her great grandpa (Paw Paw)

Brooke and Claire in their matching dresses that Twyla made.

Brooke and I flew from Pittsburgh to Texas last Monday. I had to attend a conference for work from Tuesday - Friday in Dallas. Brooke did so well on the plane ride there. She slept for most of the time and was very social with other passengers on the plane for the last 30 minutes. The worst part of traveling was trying to manage all the stuff. We had Brooke's stroller, car seat, car seat base, diaper bag, bag full of breast milk, and my 50 lb suitcase. I definitely accepted the help from strangers when they offered.
We stayed our first night in Texas at Mark and Shevawn's house. Brooke and Claire took turns crying starting at 4AM the next morning. I felt bad leaving Shevawn with two cranky babies; but she handled it like a pro. I cried a little bit when I got in the car to leave for the conference. Once I got to work I had a great time. It was so nice to see all my team members and friends. It was also a huge change of pace to have adult conversations and "talk business."
On Tuesday night after work Brooke and I drove to Mark and Twyla's house. We stayed the rest of the week at their house. Brooke did a wonderful job sleeping from Tuesday night on. She was averaging 10 hours straight. Tuesday night was the first night that I had slept 8 hours in a row since she was born. It was a huge treat to have Twyla take care of Brooke on Wed, Thurs and Friday. I was able to enjoy my work conference and they had a great time bonding. I did take Brooke to work with me on Thursday afternoon for a few hours. She could not have been more social. I would guess that about 30 people took turns holding her. She didn't cry for anyone. I did have to take her out of the meeting when her cooing got to a high volume. Everyone has so sweet to her and excited to meet her.
Jeanne Lytle drove all the way from Abilene to meet Brooke on Wednesday. She was able to hang out for just a little while before driving back. We really enjoyed getting to see her, even if it was only for a couple hours.
On Friday night we had a girls dinner at Keith's grandma's house. All the babies were there together for the first time. Keith's aunt Karen took some great photos of the family. We are excited to be with everyone again at Christmas. Even Stephanie was able to fly in from Arizona for a visit and to meet Brooke.
On Saturday I introduced Brooke to my college girlfriends. We had a great brunch in Dallas. Brooke was really happy and social again with everyone. Our visit with them was short but tons of fun. When we got back to the house; Twyla's parents drove in to visit from Oklahoma. They were also meeting Brooke for the first time. She had a lot of introductions on this trip.
Sunday marked the end of our time in Texas. We flew home that evening and were wiped out by the time we got back to Pittsburgh. She survived her second flight with no tears, woo hoo! I am so glad she is a happy plane baby. We will be flying with her in October, November, December, February, and March this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment