background

Friday, June 18, 2010

Pearl Necklace


The Ponte Vecchio Bridge in Florence, Italy

You might have noticed that I was wearing a pearl necklace in a lot of the hospital pictures. Keith gave me this necklace on the day Brooke was born as a gift for becoming a mommy. He had very sweet things to say about the job I did for the last nine months in keeping Brooke healthy and safe. He is a very sweet husband; definitely more sentimental than me. These pearls are extra special because they came from Italy. He bought them last summer when we were on vacation and kept it a secret this whole time. There is a bridge in Florence with a ton of nice jewelry shops. It is called the Ponte Vecchio. We walked across this bridge a lot during our stay there. The jewelry is beautiful. I am very thankful for my sweet husband and my sweet baby girl. We are excited to honor him this Sunday for his first father's day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    What a sweet story! I walked across the Ponte Vecchio and there are a ton of beautiful shops in the area.
    My grandmother used to say that pearls are meant to be worn, and become even more beautiful the more you wear them. I don't know if that is true or not, but you definitely look beautiful in them.
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete