background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Keith's first Father's Day




Jess and Jacob, Me and Brooke, Lindsey and Christian

We celebrated Keith's first Father's Day on Sunday. Brooke and I got him a super comfy robe and some socks; a very dad-like gift. My mom and Keith went to church and I stayed home with Brooke. We are planning to take her to church for the first time this Sunday.
After church Keith cooked a wonderful pork tenderloin with rasberry chipolte sauce. We had a couple of families from his residency program over for dinner. I really like spending time with these families. They are both first years in the program like Keith which makes me excited that we will be here in Pittsburgh for two more years together. Both of these families had babies this year too. Lindsey and Pete's baby Christian is now 6 months old. He is such a happy and social baby. Jess and Matthew had their baby Jacob one month before Brooke. He is already up to 8pounds and has the sweetest face. Brooke has 2 boyfriends to play with! Keith has given them both a lecture on dating Brooke, ha!
Jess is a very talented photographer. She has taken infant photos for all the girls here. She brought her camera and gear over on Sunday and did a photo shoot with Brooke. I'm hoping that she got some great pictures. Brooke did not make it very easy on her. She would not move her arms down away from her face. We did a few naked baby pictures; which were adorable. This was the first time that Brooke was not wearing a diaper. She peed on me twice!
We had great weather for our Father's Day celebration. The guys played outside with the older kids while we stayed inside with the babies. They caught a ton of lightening bugs to take home.
I am so thankful to have a husband like Keith. He is so excited to be a dad. I love watching him with Brooke. I know he will be a great Dad to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment