background

Monday, May 3, 2010

Trip to Dallas


Flowers from the Hostess

Brooke's First Aggie Gear

Claire getting a kiss from Caleb

The ACU Girls

Girls getting ready for the shower


I had a wonderful trip to Dallas a couple weeks ago. The only thing missing was Keith; he had to stay in Pittsburgh and work.
I worked out of our new Fort Worth office on Thursday and got to catch up with some great people! Thursday was also Rodney's birthday so we went to lunch at Dos Gringos. He was very embarrassed when I had the staff sing happy birthday to him. He even got a praline cookie!
Friday I worked out of our corporate office and continued catching up with members of my Ops Team. It was so nice to see everyone. I was able to get a sneak peak of the new buildout on the 11th floor. I am excited to see the finished product in a few months. It is going to be quite an impressive setup for the Encompass Development Center. Yay Brit!!
On Saturday my sister-in-law Shevawn hosted a shower with my college girlfriends. They did the best job! All the decorations were super cute and the food was delicious. Shevawn even had a diet coke for me from Sonic since I could not drink the sugary punch. The girls invited a mix of family, work and church friends to the shower. We had a wonderful turnout. I am amazed at how many cute girl clothes are out there. Brooke received several very cute outfits at this shower; including her first Aggie gear.
After the shower I went to dinner with my girls from college. We always have fun together and it doesn't seem like any time has gone by since we were all living in Abilene. We had an old fashioned slumber party at Jenn's house after dinner. I stayed up later that night then I have in a long time! Emily was even able to make it to dinner and the sleepover. She brought her little girl Lucy who is now about 6 months old. Lucy was very entertained with Jenn's dogs Maybe and Cosmo. I wish that we had all taken a picture together.
Sunday I went to church with Mark and Shevawn and spent the afternoon hanging out at their house. It is always great to spend time with them; especially since I used to live there. Claire was in a great mood and we had tons of fun playing. Mark grilled out for dinner and we watched the Mavs game. The only bad part of the evening was watching the Mavs lose to San Antonio. It seems to happen way too often.
I was really sad to leave on Monday morning. I love Dallas and miss everyone who lives there. It was so nice to stay with all my friends and family. I spent one night at each person's house. It was also surreal to know that the next time I visit Dallas I will have a baby.
Keith was there to pick me up at the airport on Monday night. We decided to have a Texas type meal and went to a steakhouse. He is very excited to fly back to Texas for a visit at the end of May. I will not be travling with him for this trip. At that point I will be 37 weeks pregnant. So let's hope that he has a great trip and that baby Brooke stays put until after Ryan's wedding on June 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment