background

Friday, May 21, 2010

Ryan's Graduation, Nursery, and Stress Tests






Our family was very excited for Ryan last weekend. He officially graduated with a Masters Degree in Business from Bentley University in Boston. He drove with his fiance Kelly so he could walk accross the stage and get his diploma. Congrats Ry, we are so proud of you! He has also reminded me that I am now the least educated person in our immediate family. I guess I'd better get cracking on a masters degree.
We added a couple key items to the nursery last week. The Brooke letters came in and we hung them over her crib. I am very happy with them and could never produce anything close on my own. I had a dream that the baby was actually a boy and I told Keith that we would have to come up with a boy name using the letters in Brooke. That would limit our choices by a LOT. We also decided to hang up the quilt that went with her bedding. SHe won't be able to use this quilt in the crib for at least 6 months and it is super cute. Finally, I bought a rag/shag rug. It is really really soft and breaks up the wood floors a bit. I have a couple more little things to add to the nursery but we are pretty much done! Hooray!! You might be wondering why there is not any pink in this nursery. Keith and I decided to keep the decor gender neutral incase the next baby is a boy. No worries though, Brooke will be dressed in pink a LOT. She has tons of pink outfits, bows, and cute shoes to let everyone know that she is super girly.
Today was my first stress test for Brooke. The doctor wants to monitor her heartbeat once a week to make sure she is doing okay. This test is being done because of my gestational diabetes. The test today went great. We listened to her heartbeat for about 30 minutes. They showed me the printout with the fluctuations when she was moving around. I'll be doing another test next Friday with hopefully the same type of results. I am also going on Tuesday for another sonogram. They cannot tell if she is still breeched. Please be praying for a head down baby. I am not looking forward to the manual turning if she is still breeched. Hopefully they will do a 3D sonogram of her face. I will defintely post pictures after that appointment.

3 comments:

  1. Kim,
    You look adorable and the nursery is so cute! We are praying for your easy delivery, and know that you and Keith will both feel joy beyond compare when you see little Brooke face-to-face.
    Please send our congrats to Ryan too!
    - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute nursery! We went with a gender neutral bedding set, too for that same reason and are so glad we did. I'm so excited for you, Kim. You're going to be such a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete