background

Sunday, May 16, 2010

New belly pictures, cute dogs, and the herb garden



The belly button has popped!




We are just about 36 weeks pregnant. I had Keith take a couple of belly pictures today to document. I am hoping this little girl will be ready to come out in 4 weeks. I have only gained 16 pounds to date and she only weighs about 4-5 pounds. My next doctor's appointment is on Wednesday and they are going to check dilation, baby position, etc. I also have an appointment this week at the diabetes center. It has already been a month since I started taking blood sugar readings 4 times a day. I have had 3 high sugar readings over the past month; all after dinner checks. All three were due to eating rice. If you have diabetes or gestational diabetes; stay away from rice. It is killer! I am hoping they will let me back off on the blood sugar checks since the other times a day have been in range. How great would it be to only have to check blood sugar once a day after dinner!!
The dogs have been extra rowdy lately. They long to get outside in the sun and play. The only problem is they run onto the golf course and will not come back. A couple weeks ago Jackson ran over to a golfer and took his ball(very embarassing). I have to keep them on a leash when they are outside now. We bought them this steak flavored rope recently and they love it. Last night they were sitting on the floor next to Keith and I while we ate dinner. They positioned the rope inbetween them and were so cute sharing. I had to take a picture.
We are very excited about Ryan and Kelly's wedding. They are getting married here in Pittsburgh in less than 3 weeks. Our family starts flying in on Thursday June 3rd. I can't wait!!
Keith is very excited about the recent planting of herbs. We spent about 2 hours at Lowe's picking out flowers, herbs and pots. We are hoping to have tomatillos, jalepenos, basil, mint, rosemary, thyme, and a few others that I cannot remember now. Keith looks at the plants/seeds every day as soon as he gets home. He is very proud of his porch garden. We would probably have a big garden here if it weren't for all the deer. Our neigbors advised us not to plant anything in the ground without a big fence.


2 comments:

  1. Oh Kim your belly shots are super cute!!! Love it Mama!!! You look fabulous at 36 weeks. I'll be praying for the diabetes testing once a day and also that sweet little Brooke stays in her warm comfy space until after Ryan's wedding. Tell him congrats from us! Love ya Ms, thanks for the updates keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim- you look great! Congrats! I'm so glad to read that you are doing great, can't wait to hear about the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete