background

Friday, March 5, 2010

Trip to Vegas






Our company hosts a leadership conference each year. The past two years the meeting has been held in Vegas. Anyone who has talked to me recently knows how excited I was for this trip. The snowy weather in Pittsburgh made me want to get away even more.
The trip was truly great! We had wonderful weather the whole time. I even wore my flip flops. It was really nice to hang out with my coworkers and catch up with everyone. We saw the Cirque show "O" this year. It was like synchronized swimming on crack. The whole show was based in the water but they had acrobats and fire too. We were totally on sensory overload. Our group really loved the show. We had a wonderful italian dinner at the hotel before the show.
Monday night was the cocktail party and dinner with our company. It is so much fun to see everyone dressed up. My friend Rodney won an award this year. Our team was really pumped up for him!!
We had some great speakers at the conference. One of the presentations was on this book entitled "The Flip Side" It highlights your behavior constraints. I was suprised to see which constraints I scored the highest. The book has a test that you take to see where you rank with each constraint. I would recommend this book to everyone.
Our Ops team did a bit of acting in the conference again. Rodney and Brittany played Caesar and his assistant (we stayed at Caesar's palace). Several of us acted in skits. I acted in a skit on my own. I have fun doing things like this for work. I don't think I'd be comfortable acting with friends or family; but for some reason I have fun with it at work.
We finished the conference on Wednesday and everyone flew home. I got in at almost 1 AM because of the 3 hour time difference. Keith was there to pick me up. He had several fun suprises at home to show me. He worked on the baby's room, purchased and setup a blue ray player, and fixed a couple other things around the house. He also had 2 dozen pink roses in a vase for me. I love to have fresh flowers in the house. I'm glad to know that he missed me while I was away. I also came home to 4 dogs instead of 2. We are dogsitting for one of the residents while they are on vacation in Florida. Thankfully the dogs love playing together and get along well.
The sun is finally out here and the snow is really melting. It is still really cold, but I'm thankful for the sun. Now that my Vegas trip is over I am looking forward to my friend Liz visiting from TExas. SHe will be here in less than 2 weeks. SHe and I are going to New York for a weekend of fun! Then KEith and I are flying to ARizona. We will get to spend time with my mom and Keith's brother Josh and his wife Steph. Lots of great things to get excited about!!!
Everything is going well with Brooke. She is kicking all the time and my belly is expanding every day. My next visit is on the 17th. I am be taking the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I will try to post some new belly pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment