background

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Girls trip to New York





My great friend Liz flew to Pittsburgh on Wednesday (St. Patrick's Day) for a visit. She had never been to Pennsylvania, so it was fun to show her around a bit. She enjoyed relaxing in the movie room in the basement and cuddling with the dogs. Mason was her clear favorite. I love when friends from out of town come to visit. We got up super early on Friday morning and Keith took us to the airport. We flew to New York City and got right on the subway to our hotel. We stayed at the W hotel in Midtown East. It was the perfect place! They let us check in early; at 9:30 AM and upgraded our room. After getting settled in the hotel we got back on the subway and headed downtown to shop. All of that shopping worked up a serious appetite so we went to Balthazar's for lunch. Bobby Flay says they have the best french fries that he has ever eaten. We definitely got TWO orders and finished almost the whole thing. THey were awesome. Then we continued shopping for the rest of the day. We planned to eat out but were so exhausted that we got some New York style pizza to-go and ate it in our hotel room.
The next day we started with the Sex and the City tour. It was really fun to see all the stores and restaurants featured in the show. I was suprised how popular the tour was. Our time slot had 2 full buses! After the tour we spent more time shopping. I loved the NBA store. We got back to the hotel with just a few minutes to relax. Then we headed out to a fancy italian dinner. After dinner we had tickets to see the Broadway show "A Little Night Music" Liz knew one of the main actors in the show. The orchestra and signing was great!
Sunday morning we headed up to the Manhattan Church of Christ for services. They had a really wonderful service.
I cannot believe how fast the weekend flew by. I had such a great time with Liz. I am so proud of how much we walked. We only took a cab to dinner on Saturday night and Church on Sunday morning. That was really because we had on uncomfortable shoes. Hopefully I didn't slow Liz down by being a preggo person. It is crazy to think that by the time we take our next trip I'll have a baby girl. I am so thankful for great friends. I appreciate them making the extra efforts to keep in touch and stay close; even though I am living so far away.


No comments:

Post a Comment