background

Thursday, August 27, 2015

!st Week of School and Annabelle's first haircut

Brooke loves her new school, but the first week proved to be a bit rough with her behavior. See the emails from her teacher below: Mrs. McSpadden, When I was dropping the kiddos off at PE today, Brooke pulled the cover off the fire alarm system and set it off. I believe that it scared her and she had a potty accident. Her soiled clothes are in a ziploc bag in her backpack. I wouldn't want them sitting in her backpack over the weekend. :) Could you please pack another change of clothes and bring them on Monday? I spoke with her about the fire alarm and it's purpose. Could you please double up on this conversation this evening. I did catch it in time that the fire trucks were not called....whew! :) ​Kimberly, Please do not feel that I am upset with Brooke by any means. This is the life of kindergarten especially the first week of school. :) The routines and expectations are new to them. She is such a doll, with such a caring heart. I am excited that she's in my class. I just keep reminding them all of our procedures and expectations. She's going to be great! :) Kimberly, ​ This morning Brooke had an incident with a little boy. She pulled his hair, so the little boy cut hers. It was about a half an inch off the bottom of her ponytail. I spoke with both of them about the importance of keeping hands to self and the safety of personal space especially when using a tool (scissors). Brooke seemed to understand why it was a poor choice to pull his hair, but If you could speak to her about this as well, I feel it could be a great lesson to hear it from both of us. Sorry again about the cutting of her hair and I have taken care of this situation on the other side. :/ Thank you so much, Amber​

No comments:

Post a Comment