background

Friday, April 5, 2013

Swimming Lessons

I found a groupon for swim lessons at Aqua Tots. I liked their school because it was indoors, and they had a class for Brooke's age without parents. I knew that she was ready for a class on her own. We started talking about swimming lessons a couple weeks before class started. She was so excited to take her own class. Annabelle and I got to watch her class in the waiting area behind the glass. Brooke was so proud to show off her floating and jumping into the deep water "by her very own self" Her teacher was complimentary of her listening skills and how she wasn't scared to go under and put her head all the way in. This class taught her how to float, use freestyle arms, climb out of the pool in the deep end, and do little flutter kicks. Initially, I thought I would teach my kids how to swim. I have the background and experience, but it was good for her to have a new teacher and learn with kids her age. We will probably do more lessons this summer at the Y when she turns 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment