background

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Garden, Elliptical, and Double Stroller

We have some new house updates this month: Keith put in a LOT of back-braking work to make 2 garden boxes. He built the boxes, dug up the grass, added soil, and planted a variety of vegetables/herbs. We are excited to see and eat all the items in the garden. Keith and I talked for awhile about getting an elliptical. We would much rather get a gym membership, but at this point we don't really see when there will be time to be at the gym. Keith found a great deal on a used Elliptical and we made the big purchase. This is our first piece of gym equipment. We are vowing not to let is go unused. So far we have been getting up each morning and working out on it before work. Finally, the double stroller. We sold our previous double stroller because Brooke was too big for the seat. I looked at a TON of stroller reviews before deciding on a BOB. I'm definitely not a jogger but these strollers are so easy to push. I took Brooke with me to test out a few strollers and she liked this kind the best. I found another great deal on Craigslist; a local family moved and couldn't fit their stroller in the moving van. Their neighbor drove to our house with the stroller and showed me how to use it. We have used it so much in the last month. There is a park less than a mile from our house. We have been taking walks in the stroller after dinner to the park. Brooke can't get enough of the swings. I can imagine we will be doing a lot more walking once the weather cools down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment