background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Traveling to Texas

We had a very LONG two days in the car to get to Dallas. Overall the girls did great. The first day we drove 14 hours to Dickson, Tennessee. It just so happened that Keith picked this stopping point without knowing that my grandparents were buried in this town. I had never been to see their graves before. It was very special to see all the older generations of my mom's family buried together. We stayed at a hotel in Dickson for the night and then got up early to drive the rest of the way to Dallas. We made it to Dallas in time for dinner on Saturday. It was nice to be at Mark and Twyla's house. Brooke was so ready to be out of her carseat. We had watched way to much of Elmo's world on our drive. At one point during the trip I handed Brooke her backpack, thinking it had books inside. I had no idea it was filled with plastic balls and golf balls. She sent a couple golf balls flying towards the front seat while my mom was driving. We stayed at Mark and Twyla's house on Saturday and Sunday night. On Sunday afternoon all the local family came over to Mark and Twyla's after church. It was the first time for Mark, Shevawn, Nee Naw, Aunt Karen and Uncle Joe to see Annabelle. We had a great afternoon catching up. On Monday Keith and his dad drove down to do the final walk through on the house. My mom and I drove down to Austin on Tuesday for the close and move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment