background

Sunday, June 3, 2012

First week at home with Annabelle

I was so glad to have help from family after bringing Annabelle home from the hospital. It is completely different going from 1 baby to 2 kids. I cannot leave Annabelle alone, even for a minute when Brooke is home. Brooke wants to be a helper for Annabelle, but she is not very gentle. There is also not any time to nap with a toddler. I am thankful that Brooke still has school 2 days a week. We took my mom back to the airport on Sunday May 6th. I was sad to have her leave but glad she would be back in just 4 weeks. Keith took the next few days off of work to take care of Brooke while I continued to heal. The healing process was much better this time. I felt almost pain free by Wednesday, 10 days after the surgery. I did take it easy and followed the dr.'s orders of no stairs, no driving, and no lifting Brooke. Annabelle had 2 dr. appointments in her first week of life due to her jaundice. We had to take her for blood work at Children's hospital to make sure that she didn't need any special blankets or treatment. Luckily her numbers were not high enough to require extra care. The doctor said it could take up to 3 weeks for her yellow coloring to completely go away. Keith brought an apron back for Brooke from his trip to Seattle. She already loves to help in the kitchen. Brooke made me a special hat for mother's day at her school. They let her pick out the flowers and the ribbon. She is so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment