background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Trip to Vegas with Encompass

I enjoyed a wonderful conference this year with my company in Las Vegas.  It was the first time that I had ever been away from Brooke for the night.  Keith did a great job taking care of her while I was gone for 3 days.  We stayed at the Wynn in Las Vegas.  It was such a beautiful hotel. I felt like I was in a spa the whole time.  I was so excited to catch up with my friend and co-worker Brittany.  She was my roommate for the trip.  We had so much fun!! The conference started on a  Monday morning and lasted until Wednesday at noon.  The material was very engaging.  It made me super re-energized about our work and the people that we serve.  The company put on a great awards banquet Monday night and honored some outstanding employees.  After the presentation they had a Beatles impersonation band perform.  They did an awesome job.  It was fun to see everyone singing along and dancing a bit.
On Tuesday after the conference ended some of our group met up for dinner at a fancy seafood restaurant in the hotel.  I enjoyed my lobster risotto immensely.  After dinner we saw a live show about the history of Las Vegas.  I am super impressed with the talent in these shows. such amazing singers and dancers.
I had mixed emotions leaving Vegas on Wednesday; I really enjoyed my adult time and getting fired up about work, but I missed my family tons.  I also enjoyed two plane rides without kids.  I was able to read, snack, and sleep without interruption.  That is the best!!
Here are a few pictures from the trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment