background

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trip to Arizona

Brooke and I flew to Arizona to visit my mom during her fall break. We had a great time relaxing at her house. She took several trips to Goodwill and found a ton of toys for Brooke. Even with all those great toys, Brooke still wanted to spend her time pulling the artificial grass stuffing out of my mom's inside trees. It made a big mess! I think Brooke's second favorite thing about being in Arizona was playing outside. The weather was beautiful! My mom has a park right down the street from her house. We played in the sand, the pool and let Brooke ride her scooter in the driveway. My favorite part of being in Arizona, other than seeing my mom and close friends, was all the great mexican food. We had the best food at Cafe Rio. I have never seen Brooke eat so much. I think she ate half of my mom's tamale at one of our lunches there. We are definitely looking forward to good mexican food in Austin. I am so fortunate to continue friendships with my girls from high school. We got together on this trip for dinner at Kona Grill. It was only my second dinner to be away from Brooke since she has been born, crazy!! We had a great time catching up and hearing about Kristin's exciting pregnancy. I was also able to spend some time with my high school friend Jamie. She made the trip over to my mom's house to visit with me and see Brooke. I love that my high school best friend Sally still lives down the street from my mom, even though they both moved. Sally's kids are so sweet with Brooke. She had the best time playing in their play room. She thinks Logan is so funny; she laughs at everything he says. This is kind of a big deal because she is a serious kid. I love to see her laugh. I always wish that Sally lived closer to me, but I know that she loves Arizona. Hopefully they will come visit us in Texas. Brooke and I were also able to spend a few days visiting family in Arizona. We drove straight to my aunt and uncle's house after flying in to Phoenix. She enjoyed eating cupcakes and playing with Matthew's old toys. And of course she found their remote and turned on the TV. She is so into technology. We enjoyed another day with them at Jamie's soccer game. Brooke loved having an open space to run. After the game we went back to Michael and Lori's house. Brooke enjoyed playing with all their toys. Michael is redoing all their cabinets and more in the kitchen. We had to keep Brooke out of that area. She really wanted to play with all the tools and of course, the vacuum. Lastly, we got to see Aunt Steph. She came over for lunch after church on Sunday. We always have a great time with her. We are saying lots of prayers for her and Josh. They are in an exciting and nerve racking time. Josh is interviewing for residency spots. They could end up in Michigan, Ohio, or Oklahoma. We are praying they match with the best place for their family. We really enjoyed our trip to Arizona. I always treasure the time we can spend with my mom. She is a great grammy for Brooke! We are counting down the days until she comes to visit us in Pittsburgh for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment