background

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Trip to Michigan















My mom, Brooke and I took a trip to Michigan to visit my mom's family. We left on Wednesday July 6th. The drive took about 5 and a half hours. Brooke did really well on her first longer road trip. We rigged up a portable DVD player for her in the back. Our neighbors loaned us some Barney and Nick Jr DVD's.
We stayed with my mom's sister Shirley, at her house in Sterling Heights. Her oldest son Jim was also visiting. He came with his girlfriend Lisa from Georgia. Brooke loved meeting everyone. My Aunt Shirley had gone to Toys R Us and bought the cutest toys for Brooke.
We had a really nice cookout at my cousin John's house on Thursday. They have a great outdoor setup and a nice salt water pool. We had tons of fun swimming and being outside. My cousin Jim made a best ribs. He worked on them all day. It was really nice to see everyone. I had not been to visit in almost 5 years.
On Friday we drove about an hour to see my cousin Paul's daughter Rachel in her softball tournament. I had a lot of fun experimenting with my camera zoom lens. I'm sure I looked like a paparazzi stalking her in the outfield.
After the game we met Michelle at Panera Bread. Michelle's husband Ryan went to Med school with Keith in Chicago. Michelle and Ryan are living in Canton, MI while he is doing his residency. I was especially excited to see her because she was due with her first baby in 1 week. (She had the baby three days after we saw her) It was so nice to visit with her.
We ate a ton of great food while we were there. My aunt fixed her amazing potato salad. I think I ate a pound of it. She also got a honey baked ham. What a treat!! We really enjoyed our little trip to Michigan. We drove back on Saturday morning so we could get home for dinner with Keith. I wish he could have come with us; definitely on the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment