background

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter









We celebrated Easter with some of our close friends in Pittsburgh. We went to church and then had a late lunch at our house. They all brought yummy food to share. I had my first attempt at making a ham. We usually just buy the ham from Honey Baked Hams. I decided to save money this year and make it myself. So, Saturday night I started basting and cooking the ham at 9 PM. Three hours later I took the ham out of the oven. It was mushy and overdone, kind of like retirement home food. I got the wrapping out of the trash and was so embarrassed to read that the ham was already cooked. All I needed to do was heat it up before serving. So, at 1 AM I drove back to the grocery store and bought another ham. The second ham was delicious, but I think next time I will stick with the pros at Honey Baked hams. The Easter bunny brought Brooke and Keith some wonderful treats. Brooke's basket was so big she could fit inside. That was a smart bunny; getting basket that could be used to hold her books in the living room. The bunny also brought her an Elmo phone and a mini glow worm. Her Grams from Texas sent some cute ducky socks, a pink pair of jeans and a sweater. She also sent a cute Lamb video.
We had beautiful weather on Easter Sunday. The kids played outside and we took lots of pictures. I should have put on my cute shoes for the pictures. Oh well! I am very thankful for my sweet Pittsburgh girls and their families. They have been a huge blessing to us. I love that Jess took pictures of Brooke and Jacob playing together. They are such cute friends. My favorite picture is where they are looking out the screen door. All the neighbor kids were playing in the street right in front of our house.
We are most thankful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose from the grave. I am excited for Brooke to understand this story when she is older.
Hoppy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment