background

Friday, March 18, 2011

Trip to Florida









Last week Brooke and I met Keith in Ft. Lauderdale Florida for a long weekend. All the 2nd and 3rd year podiatry residents were there for a conference all week. Lindsey and I decided we would fly in on Thursday with the kids and stay for the weekend. We had a great time in the sunny, warm Florida weather. It was so nice to push the strollers outside along the beach. We were excited to attend the West Penn Party on Thursday night and see all the residents, attendings and former residents. Everyone was really nice and Brooke loved meeting all the new people. On Saturday we went to the beach with all the other West Penn residents. There were a lot of birds outside around the restuarant. I was definitely freaking out at the pigeons walking under the tables. Hopefully I didn't give Lindsey a fear of birds too. The guys played volleyball while the girls layed out and played with the babies. Brooke wasn't quite sure of the sand. She would play for a little bit and then cry for me to hold her. She took a lot of naps on me in the sun. I was so silly to forget sunscreen on my shins and feet. After a full day outside I was completely burnt. Good thing we were close to Walgreens. Keith walked there and bought a can of dermoplast for me. On Sunday we took a water taxi around all the fancy houses and shops. We ate lunch on the water and had a very relaxing time. Brooke did her first and hopefully last Spring Break flashing. She kept lifting her dress at all the people riding by in the boats. Our hotel also had a nice pool and hot tub. We took Brooke in the hot tub for the first time. She loved it! We enjoyed our little vacation in Florida so much. It was kind of sad to come back to the snow in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment