background

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas in Texas













We traveled back to Texas for Christmas this year. This was the 4th airline trip for Brooke and she did great. At one point the flight attendant came by and took her to sit with the other attendants in their section at the front of the plane. We spent the whole week at Keith's parents' house in Sunnyvale, TX. We really enjoyed our time there relaxing and hanging with family. The Saturday before Christmas we met the Hurst family in Southlake for a late lunch. They were in Dallas for the Cowboys game. We had a wonderful lunch with them. Their daughter Lauren had recently taken care of a "baby" for her child development class. Her computerized baby woke her up every hour for a feeding, etc. I know she was glad to be done with that project. Even after all of that headache she was still excited to be around Brooke and Claire. She did a great job entertaining them at the restaurant.
On Thursday Mark, Shevawn and Claire came over to Keith's parents to stay. I love to watch Brooke and Claire play together. Claire is always on the move and Brooke tries to grab her. Twyla had a big blanket spread out in the family room with the boys toys from growing up. They are still a big hit! Twyla worked with Brooke on her crawling every day. Brooke was able to inch along a little bit. She doesn't quite have it figured out yet. I am kind of glad for that.
On Thursday night, Josh and Steph drove in from Phoenix. Keith was so excited for Josh to finally meet Brooke. They brought their two dogs Ajay and Charlie. So, we now had 4 dogs in the house. Crazy!
On Friday morning we went to the shooting range. I had never shot a gun before and Keith wanted me to learn. I was pretty scared of shooting a gun; but I know it was important to learn. I can't say that I loved it; but I feel much more comfortable shooting now.
We spend Christmas Eve at Keith's grandma's house. There were 8 kids ages 6 and under. IT was a zoo. Brooke enjoyed eating all the wrapping paper. She looked so cute in her matching dress and hat. By the end of the evening she was hot and tired so we stripped her down to the diaper. She loved it!
We woke up on Christmas morning to our favorite holiday song; "you gotta get up, it's Christmas Morning" Santa brought the girls a lot of great stuff. My favorite gift was a Sing-A-Ma-Jig doll from Twyla. I was definitely more entertained with it than the babies. We got to see Keith's grandparents from Oklahoma and his aunt Jean Jean. Keith got me a kindle for Christmas. It was the perfect gift. I can hold Brooke and read. Plus it has a built in light that is great for reading in the dark. I am already on my second book.
We packed everything up on Saturday night and flew back on Sunday afternoon. It is nice to be back home but we really miss being with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment