background

Friday, December 10, 2010

Cinnamon Pecans






One of the great things about being a McSpadden is the tradition of making Cinnamon Pecans at Christmas. Keith's grandparents have a pecan farm in Oklahoma and they put out a big crop every year. Keith's mom was nice enough to pass on the recipe. I made my first batch of pecans about a week ago. I gave some to the neighbors, mailman and friends. People are going nuts, ha, over this sweet treat. I made another batch this weekend and Brooke decided she wanted to help.
**Disclaimer - I realize that she appears to be too close to the knives on the counter. She cannot reach the knives and I was watching her the whole time.
Anyway, we had a great time making cinnamon pecans. We saved a pretty good size bowl for ourselves. Hopefully they will last until my family comes in town to visit.
I also put a couple pictures of Brooke on here after we "winterized" her car seat. SHe is much warmer now. Our temps are not supposed to be over 25 degrees for the next 10 days. Brrrrrr.......

No comments:

Post a Comment