background

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

She is still Breeched



We had another sonogram today to check on the positioning of baby Brooke. She is currently in a Frank Breech position. She seems to really like this breech position that she is in. THis is the same position that she was in 10 weeks ago. We watched her moving around her arms and legs and doing lots of smiling. It does not look comfortable to me but the dr. said she is fine. Based on the measurements today they think she weighs 6 pounds and 3 ounces. We have a couple options to consider now. We can schedule a manual rotation, where they try to move her into a head down position. Or we can go ahead and schedule a C Section. The doctor said there is a 5% chance she will turn on her own and a 20% chance they can manually turn her. The other bad thing is that my tummy is measuring small so she doesn't have much room to turn. I have gained a total of 19 pounds; which is a little under where they would like me to be. It is not easy to gain weight on a diabetic diet. Anyway, I see my OBGYN on Wednesday and I have a ton of questions to ask her. In the meantime, I am going to try all the home remedies for turning a breeched baby. First thing tomorrow I am putting a bag of frozen peas on her head. That worked for one of my friends here. Please be saying lots of prayers that she will turn on her own. We are very thankful that she is a healthy baby and still growing each day. Here is a 3D picture they took inbetween her kicking her arms and legs.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I will pray for you. I know how stressful that is. At least she's healthy and happy. Can't wait to meet baby brooke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your timeline says 10 days to go. 10 days!!! Just want you to know I'm thinking of you and excited to see Brooke's pictures.
    Can't wait to see photos from Saturday too. Say hi to Brooke's maternal grandma for me.
    ; - )
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete