background

Monday, January 25, 2010

Sledding with Arizona Friends and the baby's name: Brooke Marie




Our sweet friends from Arizona flew to see us last weekend. Their kids were really excited to play in the snow. Sadly, most of it had melted by the time they got to our house. We were able to go sledding on Saturday at the golf course; it was really fun. My friend's little boy Logan decided he'd rather sit and eat snow than sled. They were really cute.
While they were visiting we decided on a nursery theme. We are going to use the bedding called Arctic Babies. http://www.cottontaledesigns.com/collections/artic-babies.html
It has little penguins, polar bears, and whales. It seems fitting since we live in such a freezing cold place. My friend Sally is super creative and she gave me some great ideas on decorating. I wish she lived closer. I'm definitely not crafty enough to make any of the decor. I'm hoping she can help me from long distance.
I asked my friend's daughter Emma what we should name the baby and she suggested Cinderella. While that is a lovely name, I think CInderella McSpadden would be quite long. Keith and I are excited to name the baby Brooke Marie. Brooke is a name that we both like and Marie is a family name on Keith's side. Our little niece Claire has the middle name Marie too. I think it will be fun for them to have the same middle name; especially since they will be born less than one year apart. I know they will be great friends!
We also got a crib this week. Keith is going to put it together soon, so stay posted for pictures. I am finally able to feel the baby kicking. It is so nice to know she's in there moving around. It will still be a few weeks before the kicks are strong enough for Keith to feel. He is already excited about it.
Keith has been cracking up lately at my cravings. Last night I made Kraft Mac and Cheese and Fish Sticks. He feels like he's eating with a 5 year old kid. I am just excited to be enjoying food on a stable stomach. I will have Keith take a belly picture soon. One of the resident's kids (she is 3)told me last week that I've been eating too much chicken and that's why my belly is big. ha!

1 comment:

  1. KIM!!
    I am so excited for you. It sounds like Brooke will be so loved. I wish I could be there to see you pregnant. LOVE YOU!!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete