background

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas in Pittsburgh








We were very excited to have my mom come to Pittsburgh for a whole week. Keith still had to work, but we managed to have some fun. On Sunday the 20th we went to Heinz Hall to see the Holiday Pops Show. It really put us in the Christmas spirit.
On Tuesday my mom took me to lunch at my favorite type of restaurant; Hibachi. I love all Asian food but Hibachi is the best. Then we went to the hospital to see my friend Lindsey and her new baby Christen. He was born about 10 days early; just in time for Christmas. He is so cute! I was amazed that he never cried while we were there. Lindsey looked awesome. You would never know that she just had a baby. I am hoping for a labor like hers.
We had our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve with my mom, Keith, Ryan and his fiance Kelly. It seemed like we had enough food to feed twice that many people. After dinner we opened presents. I was so excited to get two new board games; Blockus and an old favorite Clue. I am ready to play board games anytime!
On Christmas morning I woke up early and made Eggs Benedict for everyone. I have been craving Eggs Benedict for the last month. The only cravings I am having so far are for Eggs Benedict and Guacamole; weird. Keith opened a present from his mom on Christmas morning. It was a professional chef jacket with his name embroidered. He was very excited to put it on and pull out the big knives.
We ended our holiday week in Pittsburgh by having a special dinner at Monterey Bay. Ryan and Kelly are having their wedding reception there in June. They had never eaten there before and we thought it was the perfect time to try it! We had a wonderful meal. It was a great way to end our Christmas week!


No comments:

Post a Comment